Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ninjutsu

A couple of nights ago I took the leap and joined a new martial art school, training in Ninjutsu. The location is in Providence RI, training under Mr Brian Giannini. My main point of frustration with my kung fu training was its lack of focus on practical application. This is what Ninjutsu is all about, devastatingly efficient and practical movements. Mr Giannini also introduced me to the idea of stealth in a traditional ninja approach and in the modern day setting. Having the knowledge that noone is aware, but everyone in the room is safer as a result of you being there. That really tapped into the very essence of who I am and what I want to achieve through my martial arts training and so seduced - I signed up for my first month. It will be great to just try it for a few weeks and then decide if I want to continue with this or start with the teacher training in kung fu. The atmosphere is very different from the traditional chinese training room. There was more of a family feeling in my kung fu school and in the ninjutsu school it appeared to be a collection of 30-somethings, just like myself, that have trained for many years in other martial arts and have been drawn to the basic effectiveness of this style.

So I return to wrapping a white belt around my waist again and opening myself up to new experiences and training.

Nick
White belt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home