Thursday, June 30, 2005

Empowering

I now have a yellow stripe sash. The demonstration was a lot of fun, my wife - Jennifer - turned up to watch for the first time and see what I do. An interesting lesson from the day was when I first tried to put my new belt on. The way you tie your sash needs to make sure that the stripe is on the outside, not something I had neededed to think about before. I approached a senior grade in my team to ask how it should be done and his answer was to figure it out myself. It took me approximately 2 seconds to come up with the solution. His answer may have appeared to be initially rude, but was much more empowering than just simply handing me the solution. The is an example of great leadership in my team.

Nick
Yellow stripe sash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home